First though, shout out to mom for the sweet hump day package. The two Swedish twins thought the term hump day was hilarious and they refused to believe that it was a real english phrase....the maturity level here is very high.
Update
So just a quick update on our investigator that I talked about last week. He's the coolest! I know he's gonna read this because he's super funny like that. Anyways, he's the best and right now we're helping him get ready for baptism on the 26th of July. He will be going back to Taiwan shortly thereafter so baptism is something that we are planning on doing but only if he feels comfortable and ready. He gets answers to his prayers like crazy. Every single time he prays he gets an answer and it's super cool. Probably one of the funniest dudes I've ever met. Teaching him is so fun because he has real concerns and really wants to learn. He's a fantastic student and is always reading his assignments. It will be great to continue working with him.
| Elder Shanklin and Charlie |
Zone Gathering
So this Friday we had a workshop here in Oslo for all of the missionaries in the east zone. The assistants (they help the mission president) helped us with an all day skills building workshop thing. We spent from 10-5 just going through door knocking and contacting methods and working on refining our skills. The mission is fairly young so this is huge. Outside of those zone leaders almost the entire mission has been out for less than a year. It's going to be crazy awesome in a few months if everyone can improve their skills and teaching. With the conference came interviews with President. And with that came lots of questions about moves because transfers are in a week and a half. I didn't bother asking because probably everyone asks and he tells everyone to wait so I didn't wanna be a nuisance. It was a great interview and I love working here with him. It was a fun conference and spending time with the missionaries is always great.
Weavs and Badger
Yesterday was awesome. Elder Weaver and Elder Badger are the two traveling assistants and they got permission from president to come into Oslo and work with us (They travel around working with other missionaries but zone leaders are usually off limits because they don't wanna "step on our turf"). We gladly accepted them though and had a blast. Last nights pillow talk was hilarious and we had a good time laughing and joking around. Shout out to two great missionaries that will be home in 10 days. Weird to think that when I was walking into Norway they were where I am now. Time is just passing by us my friends. Really though, it was fun to work with them and Elder Badger and I had fun chasing down a black guy in full purple preaching attire to talk about the Book of Mormon. They're great dudes and it was a fantastic Sunday.
Half Way There, Livin on a Prayer
So that's where I am gonna leave it at for this week. It was a great week and we stayed fairly busy. The real stress right now is that in the east zone we don't have great numbers, but the oslo district puts up unreal numbers, so good. The zone numbers and district numbers are almost the same. Elder Ellsworth and I are working hard to make a difference and get these other areas contributing. I could only be here for a couple more weeks though, who knows. It's been a blessing serving here for a year and I look forward to the next year as well. If I've learned anything it's that God has a plan, and that plan isn't always our plan, and we should be grateful for that, because if my plan was accepted I think I'd probably be dead or something.
Clear Eyes, Full Heart.
Elder Shanklin
No comments:
Post a Comment