Thursday, December 11, 2014

In The Hands Of The Lord-Week Seventy One

I hate to say this....but the longer you're on your mission the more you wish someone else could type these huge summary emails on pday. So exhausted but I do it for my people. So here you go my beautiful friends...

Miracle!
I think people like hearing stories more based around missionary work so I'll cut the boring small talk. Last night we were out knocking doors and the night before that I was talking to Elder Forsberg about how my faith in knocking was very little because I never have been let in to sit down and have an actual teach. Well as we were knocking we got to this door and a beautiful 20ish year old girl answers with mouthwash or some liquid in her mouth. She gets all huge eyed and runs off to spit it out before coming back laughing and smiling. She clearly was expecting someone else. However she was way nice and out of pure hearted awesomeness let us come in and share a five minute lesson with her. Turns out she is a semi pro soccer player here in Trondheim and was just a total sweet kind hearted individual. She was super nice the whole time. She wasn't super interested and it didn't really go anywhere but she let us do our thing and it was just super cool and a testimony to me of how the Lord can always give us people to teach and share the message with. Knocking doors can work.





Elder Shanklins District, Ward Missionaries & Investigator

MLC
You can go look at all the other MLC posts. It was the same ol good stuff. Wake up at 4 am. Eat delicious food. Talk with all your friends. Try to solve the missions problems. Get home at 10. Good times.
Elder Shanklin and Sister Frampton waiting to fly to their MLC
Elder Vause and Sister deep in conversation at the airport.

Elders waiting in the airport

Update on Beatboxing
So the city won't let us have a microphone out on the street so it's going to be difficult to do our thing. We're working out the details right now but last week the PR did not ask in time. Not sure if we will do it or not. In the worst case scenario we will do it for our ward talent show!
Thanksgiving Selfie

Continuing with the Miracles
Friday was a beautiful day in missionary work. So here ya go! More missionary work related things!
-We stop this lady on the street who has norwegian as a second language. We are able to teach her and then near the end we ask if we can say a prayer with her. She doesn't quite understand because the churchy words are not the first ones foreigners learn. So we finally explain and when I start praying she just repeats everything I say. It was like helping a 3 year old pray. Way cute. She was all smiles when it was over so that was awesome.
-10 steps later we got two potential investigators and we are meeting with one this week.
-Upon that ending I got a call from a member setting up a visit with a less active for Tuesday.
-During which conversation the Bishop came up randomly from walking on the street and we got an appointment to visit him.
-A few minutes later we found the coolest potential ever. A total goth emo girl that was way shy but totally said we could meet up another time and talk about the meaning of life. She really enjoyed me complimenting her Harry Potter Deathly Hallows necklace.  
-Around the corner two way cool christian guys talked with us for a good while about the work we do and really commended us and gained respect for us. Not super interested but they were way uplifting and positive about the whole missionary life.
So this was all in the period of like 45 minutes. It was awesome! We were high on missionary work for sure after that one!
Chef Shanklin strikes again

In the Hands of the Lord
The Lord really blessed us this week as a zone. We have performed poorly these past two weeks but this week was a billion times better. A lot of great things happened and I am very excited. Our own area did fairly good as well and that is also something I am grateful for. I feel the Lord assisting us in this work all the time and am extremely grateful for all the good things we get to experience. What a great time of year it is. 

Clear Eyes

Full Heart

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment