Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Rain- From Boy to Man-Trondheim Week Two


My Good People,
Greetings again from the land of Norway. So I should probably get down to business and type this thing out because I have no idea what it is going to turn out like. My thoughts are super scrambled. Soooo, here goes nothing.
Eldste Shanklin ready to leave for Norway
with his plane ticket and Visa!!

Conference
So this Monday and Tuesday we had a mission conference, it was super legit. Elder Kearon (Who is He?) came and spoke to us and it was really inspiring. Of course everyone feels like they have to give really deep and amazing answers to his questions to impress him but besides that it was way good. He sat across from me at lunch actually so you could pretty much say we are on a first name basis. It happens. Me, him, and my boy Jeff Holland (Who?) might go play some golf after the mish. Okay that was really apostate, it's kind of an inside joke in the mission though so don't think I always refer to Elder Holland in that manner. Wow, see, scrambled thoughts. Overall: Conference was good and it was legit to see all my MTC comrades again.  

First night in Norway in the Mission Presidents home
with his new comforter and pillow that he LOVES!!
Rain
Okay so it rains here in Norway, quite a bit. AND I LOVE IT. Dudes and dudesses, lets get real, you do anything in the rain and you suddenly feel like ten times more of a boss. Just think about it. Anyways, when I preach the gospel in the rain I feel like a real man. I am just dripping all over, my hair is slicked back, my book of Mormon is warped, and I am just stomping around offering eternal life on a silver platter. And you thought you were pretty cool didn't you. Anyways, I love the rain for now, I pray every morning it will rain haha, weird right? Overall message, the rain and I preach the gospel with power!
The City of Trondheim-No Rain Today!
"The Catholic Church Place Dome in Trondheim"
A.K.A
Nidaros Cathedral

Schedule
So this is going to be boring for some but for others I just thought Id let you know what a normal day is like. I wake up at 6:30 and somedays Im tired, but on those days I stop being tired, and be awesome instead. Name that TV show. Anyways, I work out, do some p90x, bench the fridge, do pull ups hanging over the city, that kind of stuff. Then we study. I LOVE STUDYING. Not even sarcasm. Studying is so legit. Note of advice, everyone on planet earth should be studying Preach My Gospel (Read Me), no joke. Really. It is so legit. Christ-like attributes section=Gold (Start Here). Seriously, people, stop being apostate and just do it. Gotta thank the boys at Nike for that one. On a serious note though, the study of PMG has changed my life, it is divinely inspired and definitely can help anyone's life. I would send a challenge to read it, live it, and love it. Man I am on fire quoting things today. Annnnnywwwaaayyys. After study we usually go out and teach people, contact or, knock houses. Most days we are glad to have one or two lessons and we end up doing some sort of street contacting or bonking (house knocking Norwegian term). So a lot of finding is going on as Elder L and I look for people to teach. No one  to really mention but we are working on it. We head back at 9 to get ready for bed, and eat ice cream. Yeah. So good. OH NORWEGIAN CHOCOLATE IS SO GOOD TOO! Wow, just so good, that's really it. So yep an average day in my life.

Closing Remarks
To be honest guys there wasn't a story or event from this week that really stuck out. I work hard at the language and know with time it will come. I appreciate all the emails and letters you guys send. Seriously, the love and support I am receiving is anything but what I expected and I am so eternally grateful. Gotta give a shout out to my boy T-sizzle back in mo town! Getting his mission call to the El Salvador San Salvador East Mission. What a boss. The work here presses on  and it continues to press on around the world. I am confident and I know with time Elder L and I will find success. The Lord doesn't send us on missions to fail, he sends us to succeed. We must be patient in understanding his timing as we give our best efforts. I know this to be true and I am so blessed and happy to be out here in Norway. So, like mommas always say "remember who you are and what you stand for!" Clear eyes, full hearts.
Much Love
Elder Shanklin
p.s. I try to keep my letters light hearted to a degree so that everyone can have a good laugh. You should know that I feel myself growing and becoming better every day. If needful I could bear strong testimony every week but Im not sure how many of you would read, however I do hope you all find this uplifting and inspiring. If not, then my Dad will tell me and I'll make sure and call everyone to repentance :)

He has a new mailing address for letters or packages.  Check the right column or just send him an email.

A heartfelt thank you to all of you who have been writing him.  He is so overwhelmed with your love and support.  He is so appreciative and so are we. THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment