People!
Alright alright! What is up my friends and family. It was a big week here in Trondheim so let's get started. Since most of you are biting your nails to know my fate for the next 6 weeks we will begin with the good stuff...
Sunday Morning
Well the predictions were in and the moves call came bright and early on Sunday morning. All the missionaries were phoned in on the group call and the AP's began to list off what all was going to happen. Well, news came pretty fast when Elder Leighton was announced as a Zone Leader in the West zone in Sandnes. More news came when Elder Nielson was announced with his new companion in the East in Romerike. My lucky little soul was announced to be staying in Trondheim for the next transfer period. My new companion is coming down from Narvik and his name is Elder Skinner. He is an absolute stud and these next few weeks are going to be incredible. We should get some serious work done and I am really pumped. He will be a Zone Leader for the first time so hopefully I'll make it easy on him. Can't say much more on that until things start rolling but it should be way good. Apparently transfers might end Dec 20th, right before Christmas, which would be interesting. That isn't official though so I guess we'll just wait and see. That's that though. Sorry Mom, not really sure what to tell you about where I'll be for Christmas.
The Adventures of Nielson and Shanklin Part....something
So when Nielson and I were teaching a home teaching lesson on Monday a guy named E in the ward invited us over to eat with him. He's 19 years old and he comes from Sweden so he speaks half Swedish half Norwegian and it's all with the Trøndersk dialect which is ridiculously hard to understand. That may be something I have failed to mention but there are dialects all across Norway and they are so different, it is literally like different languages, and Trøndersk is one of the hardest. Anyways, I was supposed to meet Elder Nielson at 4:00 but Elder Leighton got caught talking to a fellow Englishman so after a 100m sprint across an icy bridge, we missed our bus. We found a new bus time and headed out. By this time it is 5 and already pitch black. The road from the bus stop to this kids house is probably a mile long and about half way down it things go crazy. Seriously something out of a scary movie. The road is winding and pitch black and huge forests are on both side. We were pretty sure this would be the moment we would die on our mission. Either that or from our iron that shoots out sparks when you use it (Lesson learned, don't juggle a soccer ball in the apartment or you could knock the iron down a whole flight of stairs). Anyways we made it alive and ate a delicious soy patty rice noodle dish. No joke though, it was seriously delicious. We taught him a spiritual thought and we used something that we had practiced during Zone Leader Training on Thursday and the exact same scenario we randomly chose to practice is what he ended up telling us. It was way cool, won't go into too much detail, but yeah, cool. Looks like that'll be the final Elder Nielson and Shank adventure for a while.
Interview
So this week Elder Leighton got interviewed by a lady for the newspaper and it was absolutely hilarious. She followed us around the streets while we contacted and it was awesome. She was loving Elder Leighton and she made him the superstar. You can go to byavisatrondheim on instagram and see an awesome picture of us. Seriously I need not say more because the picture does us all enough justice. Yes, she did make us do the weird hand signal things. Good stuff.
| Elder Shanklin, Elder Jones, Elder Nielson, Elder Leighton |
T
So Elder Leighton and I had a ridiculously effective day on our mission last Tuesday. It included wrapping up a baptismal date for T on the 14th of December. He just needs an answer, so our current situation is making sure he is ready. A member named John P helped us out and it was super legit. He just got baptized last February and he was was solid to have on the teach. Elder Skinner and I are way pumped to get this guy into the water and on his way to eternal happiness.
Zone Leader Training
Yeahhhhh so ZLT was this week and it was pretty fun. Elder Leighton and Elder Jones are legit and they put on a good ZLT. Not sure why I put this in here. Mostly all the missionaries from the North came down to Trondheim and we partied it up and did missionary work. Always fun if you ask me.
Going Out With a Bang
So yesterday we went over to Ben and Ane's house for a goodbye thing. They are so cool and are definitely an inspiration in how they live the gospel and are always willing to help us as missionaries. Ane has made like 3 dishes and each time it was for like 15 people. She is the greatest. They are seriously the best and it's so nice to be in their home and feel the spirit. Their daughter is so cute. During dinner she was dumping rice and sauce into her juice and I went over and talked to her about it. She insisted I try some but after much argument I settled that if she tried some first then I would have some after. With literally no hesitation she put down a gulp and exclaimed "Godt", meaning 'good' hahah. So with all fairness I took my drink and it tasted absolutely wonderful as you could imagine. Moral of the story, we had an awesome Sunday and nothing beats the Weggersen family.
| Elder Leighton, Elder Shanklin, Elder Nielson, Elder Jones |
...
Well that was a lot of stuff so I'll keep it very short today as I wrap it up. This week was great and I am so looking forward to a sick time with Elder Skinner. I am so appreciate of Elder Leighton and he was an amazing trainer. My final words have got to be a shout out to the Kickapoo Chiefs and my brother this week as they play a HUGE game against Nixa. Definitely in my prayers. Now my final phrase will apply in more than just a spiritual way...CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS...
Much Love
Elder Shanklin
No comments:
Post a Comment