So this was a kind of crazy but also kind of slow week. Considering I'm going to be chatting with the family next week, I'll just keep it short this week.
Awkward...No Threesome
So I appreciate all the love and support regarding me being in a threesome but it isn't going to happen. So my bro Elder Nielson in Moss was picked to train this transfer. Which I was totally stoked for because that man is a great missionary. However it turns out his greenie isn't coming to Norway. At first it was a "he missed his plane" but now he just is not coming at all. So that made the number of missionaries even again and the missionary we were supposed to get is going down with Elder Nielson. I feel bad that Nielson won't get to train but he is taking it like a champ and he's going to continue to work miracles. So that's kind of the update there. Duncan and I still in Oslo. However there is a mini moves call after 4 weeks instead of 6 because some missionaries are going home (including my father Elder Leighton....WEIRD).
A Surprise Visit from the President
So this week President came to work with the Zone Leaders and that happened to be the day of our District meeting. So this week I got like a days warning to prepare a district meeting that the president would be at. Turns out that everything went awesome. We had a way good meeting and President was wayyyyy pleased. He told the ZLs and me personally that he was happy with it, so that was a nice feeling. Always nice to keep President happy.
Sushi
So last night we had a sushi party with a member in the ward named Kjetil. He comes from Taiwan and taught us how to make our own sushi. I didn't take pics of the appetizer but it was also way good. The sushi was amazing, Duncan isn't a sushi guy though so I ate my whole roll and half of his. It was delicious! Dessert was a super yummy cheesecake and a Japanese cheesecake as well! So it was a super delicious meal. It was definitely near the top of the meals I have had in Norway! So this is payback to my father for that giant chocolate cookie thing you waved in my face a few weeks ago ;)
 |
| Making the Sushi |
 |
| Displaying the sushi |
 |
| The yummy dessert. I love how the oranges are peeled! |
The Usual
Stay Fresh
So that was this week for ya here in Oslo. Nothing to crazy to mention! Just keep being awesome I guess. Families are awesome so I'm way pumped to talk to mine this week. I love knowing that my family can be together forever. So if you'd like the same then just find the two dudes roaming around in white shirts. Clear Eyes, Full Hearts.
Love
Elder Shanklin
No comments:
Post a Comment