Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers Day Skype & Advice To His Brother As He Prepares To Serve-Oslo Week Thirty Seven

Well I'll admit that after skyping the family I am totally wasted emotionally. So I'm just going to tell a funny story and hopefully the majority of you can get along until next week when the good stuff starts flowing again. So here's a few things!
Family Picture 2014

TO THE FAM
It was wonderful talking with the family this week! I love them a bunch and it was so great to see their beautiful faces. I'm sure my wonderful mother has posted a bunch of pictures and videos so it'll be like you all were there with us! How neat is that :) Anyways though, I feel like I did a bad job of spreading the love to all my siblings individually so hopefully they felt the love and know that I am proud of them! Justin with his graduation. Ryker and the sweet ferris wheel he built! Carter and his wild adventures he seems to always be going on! Kennedy and......i don't know by this rate she's probably running for president of the United States or something haha. I love them and especially mom and dad who make it possible to be here! It was also wonderful to have Grandma and my Aunt Kim there! I hope they felt my love as well! It was so great to see them. Not the least of whom I appreciated was my beautiful cousin Luella! :) I think we get the point. It was a nice event, I feel like I just won an Oscar. Moving on.

(This his his advice to his brother as he prepares for his mission!)

PART ONE
 PART TWO:


Funny Story
So our less active friend is crazy. If you've ever heard the song "young wild and free" by.....wiz khalifa I think? then you understand this guys life. If you haven't heard the song....don't look it up, just enjoy this story. So this guy parties hard and likes girls....to say the least and so we have some great colorful conversations with him. I was talking about getting tazed (sp) and how I thought it would hurt. He then told the following story of how he got tazed: One time I was at the zoo. Like 14 years old. I was on my way to buy some alcohol and I was smoking a cigarette on the way. I walked by this poorly set up monkey cage. The monkeys were kept in there but they could like stick their hands through the bars. This monkey just reaches out and grabs my cigarette as I walked by. (he then proceeds to describe his true feelings toward the monkey with a quite bitter feeling). So next time the little thing reached its hand out I grabbed him and started beating him against the wall of the cage. People were yelling and screaming because I was beating up this this monkey, but I just wouldn't stop. The police came and tazed me once, which would make most people stop, but I hated this little guy so I kept beating the heck out of it until the police tazed me two more times and I passed out.

So yeah....he's a crazy guy. That's the time he got tazed. He's a funny guy but yeah, he needs some help, only 19 years old and his life is way rough.

That's all
As I said...not much today. Sorry for the horrifying story. I found it quite funny. If you want some spiritual dosage then go hit up the CES devotional by Elder Ballard.  The man goes ham on technology, pornography, and marriage. GREAT STUFF. No more texting in church for all you cool cats out there! Get the spirit in yo life! Clear Eyes, Full heart.

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment