Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Finding Miracles In The Frustration-Trondheim Week Sixty Five

This week has been just a bunch of ups and downs and lefts and rights. I'll try to make some sense of it all so that people can get an idea of what's been going on.

Finding
Elder Childs and I get a lot of things done and we find a lot of people to teach, it just so happens that the people we find are usually a pain in the butt to meet up with a second time. In missionary terms we find a lot of New Investigators but getting them progressing has been a struggle. That's why you don't hear a lot about investigators here. We teach a lot but it's just a bunch of different people. We are really working on finding someone we can meet with often and help to progress. We meet a lot of cool people but sometimes the ones you thought were most positive or prepared end up being fake. It's good stuff. So we press forward and enjoy the miracles.

A beautiful view of Trondheim

Elder Shanklin and the famous Norwegian Canal

Miracles
Since this week has been 95% frustration for me I thought I should just list the miracles that we experienced and dwell on the positive.

-We ate with Ben and Ane twice this week. When life is stressful this is truly a miracle. They have a great family and Elder Childs and I enjoy the work they do as members and they support they show us.

-Last night we got into the home of a less active we have been trying to visit forever and he was way positive to a return visit in mid November when things settle down at work. He has a 9 year old daughter who he feels guilty about having not raised in the church.

-We found out where one of our past investigators is living after searching for a while and will be trying to visit her on Wednesday.

-We eat with some members every Monday night who are awesome and they have invited friends to eat with us both times. One being tonight. So they are on top of their game and it's really a blessing to have them here.

-A young man in the ward came on splits with us on Friday and while he was out contacting with us we had a lot of success and got to teach a couple of people. It boosted the moral a bit.

Lots of miracles and great things happened but these were just a few of them.

Poor
Elder Childs and I are poor. Extremely poor. We've been living off nothing for like 2 weeks now. It's ridiculous. We are totally wise with our money but somehow with our travel as zone leaders and stuff money gets spent and we don't get it back sometimes. Plus we tend to buy most of the food for our apartment of 4 which drains us fast as well. I currently have 12 cents to my name. So I'm totally gonna be living off puffed rice this week. Yay for me. It's cool though, the other Elders take care of us.....sometimes.
Cool art exhibit

More mummies

Elder Collard, Elder Shanklin, Mummy, Elder Childs, Elder Forsberg

Boring
This week was really nothing great to talk about. So I apologize for the boredom. I hope we can have some good things happen this week that will be a little bit more exciting to hear about. We have a zone conference on Friday that I will be conducting so that should be fun as well. Lots of fun things coming up as we near the end of the year.
Some cool grafitti

Clear Eyes

Full Heart

Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment