Monday, March 2, 2015

Time Is Not On My Side-Drammen Week Eighty Three

I feel bad because my desire to write this letter is about as low as any of the letters I have ever written home. However I will do it for my people!

Ghost town
This week was Drammen wards week to go to the temple and literally everyone dissapeared. Gone before our very eyes. Literally I think 120 of our 180 active members went to the temple. It was crazy. We managed without them though, All ended up going pretty okay in the end. I guess the temple is a good reason to leave the missionaries alone!

Fish Dinner
This fish dinner was super crazy looking but it was AWESOME. SUPER GOOD. It literally left me out of commission though in regards to missionary work. That much butter sauce should not be allowed on anything. Or at least not anything that should be eaten. It was great though, the dinner was made to us by an investigator! The same one who has a awesome flat screen roaring fireplace. The dream.
Looks so yummy!

Elder Shanklin and Elder Nielson on cloud nine

He is living the good life folks!

Weather
The weather here is worse than anywhere in the states. Utah, Missouri, wherever. It's straight ridiculous. Sunday at 7 am its a straight blizzard. By 2 o clock its a total down pour and all the snow is melted and by 7 at night its crystal clear and warming up. The next day is nothing but sunshine. It's ridiculous. Luckily we have a car though!
Town Square in Dramment


Upswing
After a slower week last week this week was actually really good. We were able to add a couple new baptismal dates to our teaching pool while still working with some of the great people we have. We have some good things coming up so there should be lots of good things in the future. Overall though Drammen is continuing to be a paradise for missionary work!
Elder Shanklin, Elder Nielson and Elder Naumu

Looks like some delicious food


Sorry this weeks letter is extremely lame! It's been go go go and today was no exception! Time is not on our side so we just go hard in the paint. I promise next weeks letter will be better. Actually I don't know if I can promise that haha, who knows what next week has in store. Wish us luck!

Clear Eyes
Full Heart
Elder Shanklin

No comments:

Post a Comment