Move=Success
Well the full week of moving by Elder Parkinson and I led to a teaching opportunity. We were able to take a member over to her house after church on Sunday and teach the lady a first discussion. She is actually a lot more positive than we originally thought but of course has a lot to learn. We hope to have an opportunity to teach her again in the near future. I just thought it was cool to see the fruits of the service opportunity. It didn't come right away. That was almost a month and a half ago. But it ended up leading to something down the road.
Almost Dead
Okay so we didn't actually almost die, but last night we were out knocking doors and it was almost time for us to head home. At the last door, right before we knocked, a guy pulled up to talk to us. We had knocked on his door a few minutes earlier. He asked us if he and his buddy could run and grab dinner but then meet up with them in 10 minutes to talk about our message. The problem was that the car smelled like alcohol. And considering how many people want to talk to us we assumed that their desire was based on intoxication. Upon praying about it we had no negative impressions and decided to go for it. Which was a hard choice because I have this huge fear that someone is gonna shoot me right before I'm about to go home. Turns out it was just the car that smelled and the two guys were totally cool and not under the influence of harmful substances. They were not super interested in progressing but it was a tender mercy from the Lord to be able to share our message with a couple young Norwegians. And who knows what it will lead to down the road.
Well on Sunday afternoon I was having a conversation with a little 5 year old when she started telling me a story about two of her friends. She was using a word I didn't understand in Norwegian. I was trying to figure it out in context but it was no help because she was just talking basically about something. So eventually I figured out that the word she was using meant "to make out". Isn't there a quote "wisdom from the mouth of babes"? You learn something new every day. The recovery fact is that later that night 2 people mistook me for being a Norwegian. Which is actually not super common because everyone assumes you're american at first so you have to speak good enough to show them otherwise. I guess after 2 years it's about time you can speak the language. Just not quite "for the strength of youth" status.
Sorry
Well to be completely honest I just feel like saving the stories until I come home. I'm tired and if I write about everything then it'll just be awkward that first night haha. No but really, it was a good week. We are building the area back up and we see the tender mercies of the Lord every day. It's a blessing to be here in Drammen. The members are loving and supportive. I'm enjoying the time I have left and working hard. It's only a matter of days. Geez.
Clear Eyes
Full Heart
Elder Shanklin
No comments:
Post a Comment