Another week gone. Here we go! First I gotta throw a shout out to the Shaws who sent a way awesome package! This morning upon cleaning I found the Thank You letter that was supposed to be sent a while back. So I must send this shout out before people think I'm a terrible person. I'm the worst though, really. Life as a missionary can be crazy. It was greatly appreciated!!!!! :)
ZLT
This week Elder Childs and I did another Zone Leader Training about the Area Book and Planning. If you've ever been a missionary then you know that these are probably the most exciting things you could ever talk about. I mean, this is right up there with the new Hunger Games movie. So we did our thing and had a great meeting. We played some games. Some of which were way crazy! To illustrate the principle of how crazy it can be to come to an area and be surprised with a bad area book we had a game where players ran down to a bag, pulled out a random wrapped up food item and had to eat it before running back. The first team to eat all the items won. Foods included raw hotdogs, chocolate, rice cakes, a raw onion, olives, a peeled lemon half. Two people almost barfed. But I bet you everyone will do their area book work now! Success.
 |
| Zone Leader Training |
 |
| It looks like so much fun |
 |
| Not sure what is going on |
 |
| Scary monster missionaries |
 |
| These just make me smile. |
 |
| It must be working. |
 |
| supplies for their games |
 |
| The delicious food for the game. |
Bodø
Mockingjay
Camping out
Chef Shanklin
The other night we made a bomb gluten free breaded chicken chinese dish.Granted it took like dinner + all our free time at night to make it but it was way good. Straight gold right there. Chef Shanklin. So amazing. Out of this world. Straight from heaven. The chicken was also good.
Solid Week
This was a great week and really lots of positive things happened. Elder Childs and I seem to still be funneling through investigators faster than we would like. We are really hoping to get some positive ones soon! It's no fun to find people who aren't really interested. It's just not the best use of time. Of course we want to help everyone. We also had a great stake conference this week in which the main focus was really Jesus Christ and how he can enable change in our lives. I really felt gratitude for the ability we have to choose and to become more like our savior each day. It's a great work we get to be a part of.
 |
| Elder Ellsworth and Elder Jones went home this week. |
 |
| Elder Ellsworth, Elder Shanklin and Elder Jones |
Clear Eyes
Full Heart
No comments:
Post a Comment