Oh man. Time flies.
Baptism
Okay so this week we had a baptism in Trondheim. Not our companionship but another companionship here in Trondheim. The Elders actually. I got to go with Elder Forsberg and do the Interview on Wednesday. It was a good experience and he is a really awesome guy. The baptism was on Saturday and it was an awesome service. The food selection afterwards was also good. Possibly not as good as the brownies I made last night. Unreal delicious. Chef Shanklin strikes again.
 |
| Fancy Baptism Food |
 |
| Wow! |
Trip to Kristiansund...or not
So on Thursday we caught a train to the airport with our bags to take a visit to Kristiansund. A beautiful city that I actually took a trip to my first transfer in Norway with Elder Nielson. As we arrived to the airport or reference code didn't work. So we talked to the airplane service lady and she told us our flight was yesterday. So we called the assistants and they were like "oh no bro go talk to them, your flight is definitely today, they made a mistake...blah blah..." and then right before he hung up, "oh...wait.....nope. Your flight was definitely yesterday...." So yeah. We ended up not going because the last minute tickets were not worth the time and money. So with no plans or anything to do we headed back to Trondheim. We worked to plan stuff but spent a lot of time that night and Friday on the streets. We ended up meeting a way positive lady who we were able to teach and get a return appointment with. Maybe she's the reason we were meant to stay! All I know is that we had a good day and were able to get a lot done in Trondheim. Elder Childs and I have done some way good work here and it's been some of the best work, result wise, my whole mission. It'll be sad to have it come to an end (spoiler alert!!!!).
 |
| Visiting a sweet sister in their ward |
 |
| Elder Shanklin and Elder Childs. |
And For Christmas...
So Childs will not be my companion for Christmas. He got the call Friday night to be the next assistant to the President. During which he also found that my next companion will be Elder Vause. I actually know him fairly well because he is currently in Ksund and is actually the District Leader we were supposed to visit. He will be a new Zone Leader so it will be interesting getting things nailed down and rolling. The North Zone needs a little jump start so we're going to have to get creative. It's going to be sweet though, he works very hard and I think it'll be a great companionship. We will be together through Christmas up until January 8th...ish. Collard is leaving to Kristiansund so I'll still see him around. His replacement is a missionary I'm not too familiar with, Forsberg is the new District Leader here though and he'll do a great job.
 |
| Elder Childs, Elder and Elder Shanklin |
 |
| Some of Elder Shanklins knitting skills |
Cold
It is getting cold. It hit -5 C yesterday. So not too bad but still. It's coming.
 |
| Wishing he could see this!! |
 |
| He would be surprised to know that their isn't this much marketing in the USA. |
An End to an Era
It was way sweet serving with Elder Childs so I'm sad to see it end. Through all the knitting and trips it has been quite the adventure. Time flew by which makes me a little worried for the next 7 months. Just not enough time my friends. Things are going great though and I'm loving service here. The church is going to be coming out with some
SWEEEEEET stuff this Christmas. The Zone Leaders got early notice from our Mission President so GET READY. It's going to be awesome. Highly recommend using and enjoying that.
 |
| Thinking of his Dad who served his mission in Peru. |
Clear Eyes
Full Heart
Elder Shanklin
No comments:
Post a Comment